Instructions For Life
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R's: Respect for self Respect for others and Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go some place you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
What's the difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to be believable. --Anonymous
People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. --Earl Nightingale
If you expect anyone else to believe in you, you have to believe in yourself first. --Anonymous
Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.
--A message published in the Wall Street Journal
One who makes no mistakes never makes anything. --Anonymous
Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, no time out, sometimes
...it's now or never.
Attitude: We become what we give ourselves the power to be. Always aim for achievement,
and forget about success. --Helen Hayes
Attitude: The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the
circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. --George Bernard Shaw
Countless unseen details are often the only difference between mediocre and magnificent. --Anonymous
Excellence: Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more
than others think is safe. Dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more
than others think is possible.
Perseverance: On the road to success one thing is certain, there is never a crowd
on the extra mile. --Anonymous
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. --Joe Paterno
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. --Robert F. Kennedy
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost. --George Schultz
Ask not what your team-mates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your team-mates. --Magic Johnson
Courage: What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. --Anonymous
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. --Thomas Jefferson
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the
courage of other persons. --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Courage is not the absence of fear, But a belief that something else is more important than the fear. --Anon
Copyright © by The Zen Judo UK Website
All rights reserved.